LG 18650 HE4 2500mAh 20A Battery
The LG HE4 is heralded to be the latest and greatest iteration of the HE series by LG Chem. The HE2 sits alongside the Samsung 25R as a standard in 18650 batteries in 2015. They are well balanced to provide adequate capacity, and high discharge ratings, as well as being economical on price.
The HE4 offers slightly better performance at higher temperatures and also heats up less when undergoing high-current discharges.
The Technical Stuff
- Model: ICR18650HE4
- Manufacturer: LG Chemical
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Chemistry: ICR
- Max. continuous discharge current: 20A
- Nominal capacity: 2500mAh
- Nominal voltage: 3.6 V
- Discharge end voltage: 2.5 V
- Charging voltage: 4.20 +/- 0.05 V
- Standard charging current: 1.25 A
- Length: 65.20 mm
- Diameter: 18.50 mm
- Weight: 47.0 g
- Official LG Chemical Test Report & Data Sheet
WARNING! General Battery Safety
Battery safety is very important. Mistreated batteries can get extremely hot and/or vent which could cause injury. Always follow the following rules to make sure this doesn't happen. We are not liable for mistreated batteries.
- Never completely discharge batteries (below 2.5V under load or 3V unloaded)
- Charge fully (to 4.2V) before first use
- Never use a lot of force on the battery to install
- Use only high quality battery chargers
- Do not expose to heat
- Do not connect the positive contact to the negative contact without an appropriate load
- Be mindful of the current limits in the specification and never exceed them
- Never keep a spare battery loose in a pocket, purse, etc. Always use protective cases for loose batteries. If it shorts against a piece of metal it can be very dangerous.
- Never charge battery 4.3V or above
- Do not charge unattended
- Do not store your li-ion batteries fully charged for an extended period of time (weeks or more)
- If you must store battery then do it in a case or individual box in cool and dry place at approximately 3.6V - 3.7V
- Never try to charge or discharge li-ion batteries with battery chargers that are not made for Li-ion batteries.